My name is Helen and I am an experienced BACP Accredited Psychotherapist and Counsellor working in the NHS and Private Practice.
I decided to create this bespoke therapy service for women due to the ever-growing recognition that mental health difficulties amongst the female population is on the rise. Research has revealed that women are more likely to be diagnosed as suffering from depression and almost twice as likely to suffer from anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders. For Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic women, the rates are even higher, and for young women, they are now emerging as the highest risk group for suffering from mental health issues.
As a woman myself, I felt that it was important that a space is created for women where they can feel supported and understood.
My aim is to provide a non-judgemental space where you will feel safe enough to talk about your difficulties and express your inner thoughts, feelings and emotions.
Whatever you’re struggling with, I am happy to explore with you how I can be of help.
Qualifications / Training
- MA (Distinction) Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSC (Hons) Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Person-Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression
- BICA Foundation Course for Infertility Counselling
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – Part 1 of 3 (Currently in training)
- I am a registered and accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
- I am a member of the Black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN)
- I am a member of the EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- I am a member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA)
I am also the founder of BME Voices Talk Mental Health.